July 5, 2018

Fireworks U.

Did you know that there’s a school that teaches a commercial fireworks display course? At Missouri S&T, students set off fireworks during football games as one of their assignments. I just read this story which follows mechanical engineering major Leanna Lincoln who has developed expertise in pyrotechnics as part of her curriculum. “I realized I wanted to do engineering, because I could be very good at it,” Lincoln says. “I could really improve the entertainment community.” I wonder how many mechanical engineers were behind the scenes this Fourth of July? - Beth Sciaudone, DTC Water Resources & Environmental Instructor

 
Taking the October 2018 Exam?
Start your Fast Track Review with $25 OFF
Use Discount Code: hero25B

Dr. Tom's Classroom – Helping Engineers become Professional Engineers
Targeted Civil and Mechanical PE Exam Reviews that work!