November 19, 2018

Achieve the Extraordinary - Mike Batten’s Story

Becoming a Professional Engineer has enabled me to participate in a number of extraordinary projects throughout my career. These range from as simple as performing the foundation design for a local university parking deck to as complicated as performing foundation design and oversight on the replacement of the Bonner Bridge in North Carolina and replacement of the Tappan Zee Bridge in New York. I've personally driven over these bridges multiple times, and I have friends and relatives that drive them on a regular basis and always comment on construction progress, and how magnificent these structures actually are. Without becoming a Professional Engineer, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to participate in such extraordinary engineering projects. My PE registration has given me a chance to make a positive impact on the public and has given me great stories that I can share with my children. - Mike Batten, PE, DTC Civil Geotechnical Instructor


Dr. Tom's Classroom - Achieve the Extraordinary
Save $25 with discount code: achieve25B

Change Is Coming! You Should Take the PE Exam Now.