March 20, 2019

Engineer Astronaut - Truly Extraordinary

At DTC, one of our big messages is about Achieving the Extraordinary. I was so inspired to read about astronaut Christina Hammock Koch, who blasted into space on March 14. She is an alumna of NC State and the North Carolina School of Science and Mathematics, both institutions that I’m proud to have attended as well. As a kid, I dreamed of one day being an astronaut, and although my career has led me down a more terrestrial path, I still find a space launch exciting. Koch and her colleague Anne McClain will be making an historic spacewalk on March 29, as the first all-female crew to do so. An engineer by training, she will do something so few of us will ever experience, but we will all benefit from the knowledge gained, as we try to achieve the extraordinary in our own ways! - Beth Sciaudone, DTC Civil Water Resources & Environmental Instructor


Achieve the Extraordinary.
Become a PE.
We Can Help.
March 1-31 Get $100 Off Any 20-Week Review
Use Discount Code: achievePE20W

Change Is Coming! ME's You should take the PE Exam NOW!