December 5, 2018

Achieve the Extraordinary - Shannon Warchol’s Story

As an academic researcher, using my PE seal is rare, usually reserved for when I'm trying to recall my license number to record PDHs. Yet having that designation has still allowed me to achieve great personal fulfillment. Researchers can become so focused on specific questions that we often miss or forget the larger picture. Preparing for, and passing, the PE has provided tremendous personal confidence, reminding me that although my daily work may be highly specialized, I still have the ability to relearn, recall, and understand the general knowledge that underlies our field. Professionally, holding a PE designation is critical as a young professional. Most of my clients are practicing engineers. Having my license brings a sense of commonality and understanding when I walk into a room to present findings. The PE designation is about so much more than the seal - it is about the personal and professional respect from and for all others whom you encounter.  - Shannon Warchol, DTC Civil Structural Instructor


Dr. Tom's Classroom - Achieve the Extraordinary
Save $25 with discount code: achieve25B

Change Is Coming! You Should Take the PE Exam Now.